Quote of the Week

"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.""
-John Maynard Keynes

Thursday 6 March 2014

Stop - Part 2

Once upon a time, my partner and I had the debate-fanatic idea to come to each other's schools for extra debate practice. So my partner came, but he had brought a friend - this boy. My best friend hadn't stayed at the practice that day, but she was waiting for me downstairs, and was going to come and pick me up at 5. Throughout the whole practice, I felt like the boy was hitting on me. I guess that he's pretty desperate. 

Anyway, my sweet friend arrived, as obedient as ever, at 5 to pick me up. We hugged at the door and I told her that I'd like to introduce her to someone - my debate partner was who I was referring to. She said sure and walked in. All the other members of the debate club had already left and it was just me, the boy, my partner and my best friend. I introduced my friend, and started to make small talk. Somehow, the topic of my best friend being a model came up. All of a sudden, the boy's attention shifted from me to my best friend. Makes sense, right? After all, she is the model.

I excused myself to go and make drinks, or rather, hot-waterize drinks for everyone. (I know where the teacher, who sponsors the club, keeps his stash of drinks, which are made for retarded people and only require adding hot water.) I asked what everyone wanted, a choice of tea, hot chocolate, or milk tea. Two teas, a hot chocolate and milk tea for myself. So I went out the door, and turned on the electric kettle. I still had a clear view of everyone, though - one of the perks of the fully made of glass school I attend. They continued chatting.

The light on the kettle changed, signifying that the water was boiled. I poured the water into the two styrofoam cups, each with a teabag in it. Then, I added 4 spoons of powdered hot chocolate and covered with water and stirred. Lastly, I took the milk tea pouch and emptied it's contents into my cup and covered with water and stirred. I brought in the two teas and handed them over to the two boys. Then I went back and got my drink and my friend's drink. When I came back, we were all together again.

So I was back together with the group. Everyone thanked me for my making of the drinks and restarted their conversation. My debate partner said little, as he usually does when he is meeting someone new. Anyways, lover-boy started to ask about my friend's athletic interests. He found out that she liked running.

"So how much do you usually run?" Questioned lover-boy.
"Umm… Usually 3 kilometres. What about you?" My friend replied in a shy voice, as she tried to continue the conversation, which she shouldn't have.
"Oh you know, usually 10 kilometres. I really like the long distances." He braggingly answered; as if his running of 10km a day was no big deal.

Oh this guy; he was trying so hard that it was funny. Knowing that my friend was basically incapable of telling the guy that she doesn't want to talk to him, I tried to save her. I would interrupt and ask the guy some questions or at least bring him into some other conversation, which I would start with my debate partner. I was waiting for everyone to finish their drinks, so that we could go our separate ways. Quickly enough, the time came and I saw that everyone had finished their drink.

"Uhh guys, I gotta go pick up my little sister at swimming, so I have to leave. My friend and I go home together, so I guess you guys should get packing so that we can lock the door of my teacher's room." I said to the boys, while motioning to friend to come with me and get her jacket.

Everyone obediently got their coats, my partner collected the garbage from our drinks and swept the room a little with a broom from the janitor's cart. After about 5 minutes, we headed down my school's enormous hallway down to my locker. Once there, I got my necessary textbooks, packed my bag and threw on my hood. I had seen the disgusting rain outside and knew that I needed to cover my lovely hair somehow. Eventually, after preparing my soul to go outside for the millionth time this month in the pouring rain, we headed to the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Want to tell me something? Start a debate and get talking! Comment below!